top of page

Druids edge closer to safety!

Cefn Druids also moved away from the drop zone after a good performance against Aberystwyth at the Rock.

Goals from Dean Rittenberg, Ryan Kershaw and Arek Piskorski sealed the points, though the home side made plenty chances in the second half and could have had more.

Druids making the running in the first five minutes. John Owen with a chance on 6’ after Rittenberg split the defence to play him in, but the forward dragged the shot wide

Aber then started to find their way into things, Marc Williams forcing a smart save from Michael Jones from twelve yards.

Owen was then played through again after some good interplay with Danny Gosset, but the forward’s first touch took him away from goal and his eventual cross/shot to the back post sailed behind.

They took the lead soon after though, Kershaw feeding Dean Rittenberg with a lovely through ball which the striker ran onto and dispatched cooly into the bottom corner.

Three minutes later it was two, as Kershaw netted from thirty yards. Having spotted McCormick off his line, the midfielder let fly with a delightful lob, giving the keeper no chance.

Aber responded just after the half hour, Marc Williams getting his first for the club, his volley from the edge of the box sailing past Michael Jones and in.

At 2-1, Druids looked to have scored a third, as Kenny converted Owen’s cross, only for the offside flag to go up.

It was all Aber for ten minutes after the restart, but they failed to find a way through and were made to pay on 56’ when Druids broke. Kershaw moved out to the right and lobbed a through ball to sub Piskorski, who slotted home to extend the lead.

Naim Arsan burst forward and let fly from distance, McCormick with the fingertip diving save to palm it over the bar.

Ashton then sent a free kick sailing dangerously wide, whilst Piskorski could have had another goal on 70’ heading wide when unmarked after a lovely move down the right from the home side.

Aber put a number of dangerous balls into the box, but it was Matty Owen who went closest to scoring next, fizzing a long range effort just wide.

The visitors pushed late on to get back into the game, but couldn't find a way through, and Druids held on to record their first League win since December 21st.

Druids 3-1 Aber

Druids Goalscorer's:-

Rittenberg '21, Kershaw '24, Piskorski '55

Aber Goalscorer:-

Marc Williams '33

Attendance: 281

Referee: Iwan Griffith

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page