top of page

FT: Druids 0-0 Llandudno

Saturday's match had big billing, with lots of hype in local and national media about the 'straight shootout' between Druids and Llandudno. Druids well aware of the threat of the seasiders but also educated to the fact that a point would see them sail clear into the safety of the top 6.

The match started slow but didn't take long for chances to start being fired home, Druids dominating possession in throughout the game but with Llandudno seeming to create the better chances on goal. With the seasiders down to 10 men Druids failed to capitalise and hit the back of the net despite a number of efforts.

The game ended 0-0 but described my many at The Rock and we are sure at home also as a hugely entertaining fixture with good football played by both sides, the ancients enjoyed some stand out performances on the night by Lewis Buckley & Arek Piskorski.

The point proved enough, a memorable night for Druids as they now consider for the first time the prospect of top 6 fixtures and the valuable oppurtunities of European football.

The WPL reported :-

"After what was an understandably cautious start to such a monumentally important fixture for both teams, Cefn Druids’ clash with Llandudno exploded into life after some 20 minutes when a good spell of pressure from The Ancients translated into Huw Griffiths’ side starting to create some gaps and get some shots away.

Iwan Williams’ Llandudno stood strong through that difficult period, weathered the storm, and created some glorious chances of their own to take the lead before the interval, with Marc Evans, Danny Hughes and Mike Williams all squandering glorious chances to make it 1-0 to the visitors before the break, leaving the manager with his head in his hands on the touchline as the halftime whistle blew.

Llandudno captain Tom Dix then gave his manager more cause for concern some minutes after the restart as he was given his marching orders for a second bookable offence, following a rash tackle on Alec Mudimu, and the visitors’ hopes of getting the win they needed looking slim.

With the game approaching its conclusion, however, the score was still 0-0 as Druids hadn’t been able to get a goal with their man advantage, and with four minutes added time to play Llandudno threw everything they had at their opponents, but The Ancients stood firm and saw out the game to make certain their place inside the top six for Phase Two, much to the delight of Huw Griffiths and his men as they made history to reach the top six for the first time in the club’s history."

FT: Druids 0 - Llandudno

Ref: Mark Pench

Attendance: 540

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page